Ultimate BMW E30 Group A/DTM Oil Cooler (S14/M20/Swaps)
CSF’s Ultimate BMW E30 Group A/DTM Oil Cooler (S14/M20/Swaps)
Designing the ultimate BMW E30 Oil Cooler was not an easy task. While with custom fabrication anything is possible, CSF prides itself on making upgraded products that fit like a factory unit. Fortunately, BMW already did some of the leg work for this in the late 1980s. The new CSF #8218 is based on the race-proven and championship winning formula used by BMW..
At around 50% larger in size, the CSF #8218 Oil Cooler increases both fluid capacity and core surface area. The overall performance of the Oil Cooler far exceeds the factory cooler’s limits. 100% All-Aluminum construction ensures the best performance and durability. In addition, the black powder coat finish provides extra protection and offers an OEM look behind the grille of your E30.
BMW E30 Group A / DTM Race Style Oil Cooler Features (CSF #8218)
- Group A / DTM E30 M3 Oil Cooler Design
- Direct fit oil cooler for BMW E30 M3
- Can fit all E30 Chassis (see applications and fitment notes)
- High Efficiency & Rugged Durability Bar/Plate Design
- “Aero-Flow” Bar Lightweight Construction for Strength and Maximum Flow
- Cast End Tanks with 100% Tig Welded Construction
- Satin Black Finish for Extreme Protection Against Corrosion and Debris
- Comes complete with fitting kit for both OEM style as well as -10 AN male connections
- OEM Part Numbers:
- BMW: 17211712658
- 1986-1993 BMW E30 M3 (S14)*
- 1985-1987 (up to 09/87) BMW E30 325 w/ Factory Oil Cooler*
- 1988-1993 BMW E30 325 w/ Factory Oil Cooler*
- 1984-1993 BMW E30 3-Series w/o Factory Oil Cooler*
1986-1993 BMW E30 M3 (S14)
The long factory oil hard line will not be able to use support brackets on the back of the radiator. This is due to the adapter fittings pushing the lines out about a ½” from factory so the brackets won’t line up but the lines will still run to the proper location and can be connected.
1985-1987 (up to 09/87) BMW E30 325 w/ Factory Oil Cooler
Requires custom lines (factory hard line passes over the oil cooler normally but this unit is too tall to run that line over the top).
1988-1993 BMW E30 325 w/ Factory Oil Cooler
Requires custom lines & mounting hardware. E30 Chassis has provisions for OEM mounting hardware. OEM Mounting Hardware part number listed below.
1984-1993 BMW E30 3-Series w/o Factory Oil Cooler
Requires lines, mounting hardware, and sandwich plate (or provision for oil hook up). E30 Chassis has provisions for OEM mounting hardware. OEM Mounting Hardware part numbers listed below.
The BMW OEM Parts Required for Retrofit:
– Body bracket: #17211719126 x 2
– Rubber grommet: #17211712839 x 2
– Grommet insert: #17211712844 x 2
– Grommet hex head screw: #07119916886 x 2
– Oil cooler O-rings: #17222245358 x 2
Same-day shipping for in-stock items when ordered before 2PM. UK delivery via DPD next day and European & Rest of World deliveries are carried out by DHL.
Returns & Guarantee
Returns & Guarantee
2 years warranty on CSF products. 14-day no quibble returns. See our warranty & returns pages for more information.