CSF’s strategic partnership with PWR brings F1 cooling design and technology to the high-performance aftermarket. These intercoolers help to keep charge temperatures consistently lower than the factory intercooler. This is because your factory intercooler was designed for standard power levels and expected type of use, as soon as you go outside of the factory power levels (increased boost pressure) and expected type of use, your factory intercooler will begin to struggle. As well as this, as your intercooler goes through its life the core will deteriorate externally as well as fill with contaminates internally which results in a reduction in its performance.
Over time the factory plastic end-tanks which are crimped onto the factory core can leak, losing precious boost pressure resulting in a significant lack of performance and risk to the engine.
However, not all intercoolers are made equal.
CSF Core design - Rolled Tube & Billet End-Tanks
The CSF intercooler forPORSCHE 992 Turbo & Turbo S is a larger, more efficient intercooler for significantly improved cooling power.
PWRs rolled tube cores are optimised in PWRs in-house wind tunnel, through this process PWR select the optimum stack height and multi-louvred fin design for both the ambient and pressure sides for optimum balance between cooling power and pressure drop.
CAD optimised end-tanks and Y-pipe improve airflow into and out of the intercooler for further performance improvements and TIG welded end-tanks
|Number of tubes
|End-tanks to core connection
||Core crimped onto plastic end-tank with gasket
||Core and end-tank TIG-welded
Eliminates heat soak
- Lowers charge air temperatures
- Eliminates end-tank failure at elevates boost levels
- M-Engineering saw ≈ +16 whp + 60wtq increase on a stage 2 car after installation
- Formula-1 Performance Grade Core by PWR (2-Row Core Featuring Rolled Tubes w/ Inner Fins)
- 33 Tubes vs. OEM 17
- 3mm Rolled Tube vs. OEM 7mm
- 4.85mm Fin Height vs. OEM 8mm
- CNC Machined Billet End Tanks With Integrated Y-Pipe Connection to Throttle Body
- 100% TIG-Welded vs. OEM Style Gasket and Crimped Plastic End Tanks for Maximum Durability in High Boost Applications
- OEM Style CNC Machined Inlet/Outlet Connections for Precise Fitment with All OEM Components
- Highly Engineered, Lightweight Design – Weighing Only 20 lbs. Total (9.07 kg)
- True Plug-and-Play “Drop-in Fit” Installation
- R&D and Performance Testing by Industry-Leading Porsche Tuning Companies – M-Engineering, World Motorsports, GMG Racing, and Gosha Turbo Tech
- Made in the USA at PWR North America
CSF Manufacturing, Testing & Finish
These intercoolers are manufactured PWRs North American factory, this means PWR has total control over our production, unlike other white-label brands. PWR’s intercoolers start life in their factory as an aluminium sheet or bar/billet and from there they create their own rolled tubes, multi-louvred fins and CNC machine all of the fittings. The core is then CAB brazed in their state of the art clean room and the end-tanks and fittings TIG welded together by their master welders.
All of PWR’s intercoolers are individually leak tested and go through a fitment inspection to ensure critical dimensions are per our design.
To finish our intercoolers are only available in a raw finish.
OEM part number: OEM # 992.145.805.G
Compatible models: 2020+ Porsche 992 Turbo, 2020+ Porsche 992 Turbo S
1. Minor trimming to the factory plastic shrouding is required to fit